Auto Insurance Rate Increases and What You Need to Know
Auto Insurance Rate Increases
Auto insurance claims are rising in cost and frequency industry-wide. Helping to cover the claims cost is the reason premiums are increasing. What can you do to manage your rates and keep your premiums low?
- Americans drive more miles increasing the likelihood of an accident.
- With lower gas prices, Americans can afford to drive their vehicles more. More time on the road leads to more accidents, and these accidents lead to more insurance claims. Throughout the country, insurance rates are being increased and adjusted to cover the cost of raising claims.
- Always make sure you and your family are driving in your vehicle safely. Fasten your seatbelts, drive the speed limit, obey traffic signals and stop signs.
- A State Farm study on distracted driving found that ⅓ of drivers access the internet while driving and 10 percent record video on their phones. Stow all mobile devices away while driving. Turn on the do not disturb while driving feature on your phone. Take your eyes off the road even for a second can lead to an accident. It is important to disable your phone when driving. Avoid voice-activated car commands that take your attention off the road. It is wise to keep your hands on the wheel at all times, resisting the urge to eat while driving or even changing the radio stations.
- Rising repairs due to high-tech features such as navigation, parking sensors, backup cameras and stronger materials cause rates to increase as well. While these features improve safety, they are also more expensive to repair or replace. The cost of bodywork on a modern car has increased nearly 40 percent since 2014.
Ways to Manage Rate Increases
Check with your Jacobs insurance agent about possible ways to save on your bill.
- Take advantage of discounts on your auto policy. Safe Driver Discount, Good Student Discount, Drive Safe & Save or the Multiple Line Discounts are all great ways to save on insurance rates provided you meet the requirements to receive them.
- Shop around. Jacobs Insurance can quote from many insurance providers to find you the lowest rate for the coverage you need.
- Before purchasing a vehicle, check its safety record and likelihood of theft. Knowing these things about your car before you decide on one can make a difference in the cost of your insurance premiums.
- Determine if raising your deductible will reduce your monthly premium. Your Jacobs insurance agent can help you evaluate your options.
- You may be able to decrease premiums or reduce coverage upon completing a defensive driving course.
- Purchase all of your insurance through Jacob Insurance to get multiple premium discounts.
Inquire About These Discounts
- Antitheft Devices
- Auto and Homeowners Coverage with the Same Company
- College Students away from Home
- Defensive Driving Courses
- Drivers Ed Courses
- Good Credit Record
- Higher Deductibles
- Low Annual Mileage
- Long-Time Customer
- More than one car
- No Accidents in 3 Years
- No Moving Violations in 3 Years
- Student Drivers with Good Grades
Jacobs Insurance Agency is an independent agency who partners with the best insurance carriers to offer you a wide array of personal insurance solutions designed to meet your unique needs. We specialize in homeowners, auto (including motorcycle and RV), boat, umbrella, and commercial insurance. With over 30 years’ experience in the South Florida area, our specialty is designing a tailored program of coverage to fill your unique insurance needs: whether personal, commercial, or both. Our passion is providing top-notch service and peace of mind to our clients, and we thank you for allowing us to serve you.
Jacob’s Insurance Agency
2328 S. Congress Avenue, Suite 2A
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Main Phone: 561-967-8400 ext. 102
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.